Hey peeps, here are two Paleo recipes I have tried this past week. Well, one I have tried and the other, I have been making for a while.
Blueberry lemon muffins
What you need:
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup of butter or coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup grade B maple syrup
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries
Preheat oven to 350 F
Wish the eggs, butter or coconut oil, pure vanilla extract, maple syrup, lemon juice, and lemon zest together in a large mixing bowl Sift the coconut flour, sea salt, and baking soda, and stir until well combined. Gently fold in the blueberries.
In a muffin tin, scoop ¼ cup of the batter into each lined muffin cup and bake for 35-40 minutes and VOILA 🙂
Mashed Cauliflower (Mashed faux-tatoes)
What you need
- 1 cauliflower (about 4 cups)
- 4 tablespoons butter or coconut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A small amount of coconut milk or almond milk
- An egg
- A hint of nutmeg (Belgian twist 🙂 )
Chop the cauliflower in chunks.
Steam the cauliflower until fork tender and place it in a blender or food-processor. Add the butter, egg, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Puree until smooth and creamy.